vina - Environment and Plastics
Being considerate of our environment is getting further up our list of priorities these days and polymers both in the form of rubber (e.g. in tyres) and plastics (e.g. in carrier bags) are amongst the key 'problem areas'. Quite apart from non-biodegradable products filling up our landfills there are issues relating to the safety of many additives that have been used in these products for years.
The need of the hour is aggressive education about the "wise" use of plastics. We can burn our home down with fire, or cook our food with it. The plastic bags do not ruin the environment, it is US!
- PVC products help protect against
floods, fires & hazardous material spills with innovative barriers
Plastics help protect our environment.
- Polycarbonate material is used in solar panels and wind turbines, creating energy and renewable resources. Plastics help harness natural energy sources.
- Plastics help us to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle – saving our resources and energy..
- Plastics will be made from different
materials - Corn, eucalyptus and wheat are degradable and will reduce waste.
- PVC delivers water in sealed pipes –
reducing evaporation, leakage and contamination. Plastics help save our resources.
- The elephant was once in danger of
extinction because its tusks supplied ivory
for billiard balls,
piano keys, lampshades, toothpicks, umbrella handles, combs and beads. The arrival of acrylic and other plastics provided substitutes
for those tusks.
- Polypropylene and PVC are used in cars to reduce weight, thereby cutting fuel consumption and making vehicles safer and more comfortable and thereby reducing carbon emission. Plastics are energy efficient